4.0.24 beta version

Hi JayJay, I pushed that out by mistake yesterday and then quickly updated again. If you got it from the Play Store the fix for that should be available already. It also works to swipe down the left-hand edge of the screen where the scrollbar is.

Updated with version 4.0.16 that should address crashing most commonly seen on Samsung devices. @Granny and @puzzlelover and @Ben_G_and_The_Boov I think this is what you’re waiting for!

Updated with version 4.0.17 that takes care of some rotation issues and background color/texture selection.

I am having an issue with the pieces not interlocking with each other. Can you fix it?

Looking into it. Can you describe what you’re doing when it happens like are they grouped pieces or pieces locked on the board?

I am having the same problem with pieces not interlocking. When I try to join two pieces that
obviously are meant to join they simply wont stay joined.
I have also noticed that occaisionally when I move one piece into position two others move with it, keeping a constant distance away from it.
Hope this helps.

Thanks @JayJay and @Ben_G_and_The_Boov I’m working on a new build to upload today that will resolve this issue.

I have a fix coming for this now as version 4.0.18, it will be about another hour or so until it is ready to upload and then it’ll start becoming available later today on Play, probably tomorrow on iOS and TBD on Amazon as they take between days and weeks to process and approve updates.

The new v4.0.18 has fixed the problem, pieces click together as meant to. Pieces still jump off piece bar in top position though. I have not tried in other positions, will do so now and follow up with more.

I have tried to restart the puzzle I was doing but app closes when selepcting the “restart 260 piece puzzle” and it is doing it with other puzzles that have been previously started also.
Reinstalled app and doing the same thing. I open puzzle and do outline, checked with piece bar in all positions and pieces still jump off either into puzzle or directly under bar itself. Then closed and went to reopen, but app wont open “app has stopped working”.

Thanks for the detailed info @JayJay, going to dive into these issues now.

New version 4.0.19 is being prepared now that should make the piece bar much better along with a few other improvements.

Version 4.0.21 addresses pieces spacing/ungrouping when dragging.

Edit: I put 4.0.20 by mistake here and in the top post too.

Eight more additions to our Unlimited Catalog (Feb 16)

Updated with version 4.0.23. This is a pretty big release and it finally addresses the device orientation changing from anywhere within the app that was messing up before.

• fixed crash that may occur from caching too many thumbnails
  • fixed black background color
  • fixed device orientation changing
  • fixed screen scaling on small screens

I’ve done some testing on a Fire 7, Fire 10, iPhone SE and the huge iPad Pro and I think it is all scaling and rotating properly. If anyone wants to test on their device it’s pretty simple, we have a map of all the screens and they either look good or not in portrait and landscape orientation.

If you spot anything that needs improving in the layout, text, buttons etc please let me know what device you have so I can test at the same resolution.

Puzzles dissappear

Downloaded v4.0.23, but found that when I opened the puzzle it wanted me to start a membership. While I don’t mind paying a monthly fee, I do object paying for an app that still is not perfect. I can’t find out if it is fixed yet if I can’t play it. Please help or put up v4.0.22 for the time being.

Hi @JayJay sorry I’m still tweaking the on-boarding process and my hands are being tied by Amazon at the moment, I will try and improve that though.

I have a new version 4.0.24 is now getting ready to upload, it will become available on Google Play in a few hours, Amazon maybe tomorrow and Amazon Underground is a bit of an unknown at the moment.

Version 4.0.24 has some niceties being added along with a fix for saves being stale:

• remembers piece bar zoom
  • correctly sorts started and completed puzzles in the menu
  • the menu remembers your last browsing mode and position
  • writes saves to storage immediately (relevant thread)

Tried v4.0.24 but still find I am being asked to start membership. As I stated before, while I don’t mind paying a monthly fee, I do object paying for an app that still is not perfect. I am still yearning for v4.0.22 but cannot find it any where, perhaps you can put up a link so
I can revert back to it for the time being, it is the last that opened to game. (No message about a monthly fee).

Did you know industry standard is 5 errors occur per 100 lines of code? That’s why there’s always updates for phones, televisions, computers etc, everything that uses software.

There’s one group that defies that statistic though, they do programming work for NASA and the story of how they achieve almost-perfection is riveting. With 420,000 lines of code they’ve achieved just 3 errors in the last 3 versions! https://www.fastcompany.com/28121/they-write-right-stuff